Taking Your Physical Therapy and Athletic Training to the Next Level
As August is approaching and the heat and humidity in the Midwest is elevating, those individuals training for their upcoming race goals (5Ks, 10Ks, Half Marathons and Full Marathons) need to be careful of any nagging soreness or minor injuries they are experiencing. We humans are all too well adept at pushing our complaints to the “back of the mind” so to speak until they progress far enough to sideline us at the most inconvenient time. If you don’t want to miss your race, and you want to train to the fullest to complete the race in optimal health, consider using the Alter G anti-gravity treadmill as a great adjunct to your training program. You can cross-train in it, work on speed training, integration of hills/elevations, long runs and even interval train all at a decreased load to allow a faster recovery and less stress on your muscles and joints. Check out the benefits and excerpts below.
- Reduce impact and pain while you rehab and get back to your normal self
- Maintain and develop fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery
- Build confidence and achieve a quick and full recovery
After falling and fracturing my leg, I was only able to bear 50 pounds of weight through my leg. I was scared at first, but it was amazing I felt like I was floating on air. I couldn’t believe I was walking and not in pain. The AlterG is definitely helping me reach my rehabilitation goals. Next week I can start to bear more weight and the AlterG will really help me add weight slowly and safely as I continue to regain strength. I can see myself walking the way I used to.
Sandra Jaquis, Patient, Southlake Village Rehabilitation and Care Center
REDUCE GRAVITY, EXERCISE PAIN FREE
- Reduce the stress and impact on your joints and muscles while you exercise
- Take the pain out of exercise and running by reducing your bodyweight and impact
- Keep exercising when an injury, soreness, or painful joints would otherwise keep you off your feet
I tried the AlterG treadmill today. I’m able to walk with a normal gait & even jog with no pain in my arthritic knee. It helped stretch my quad with norming walking. Just awesome!” Shari (@shiltbrand)
RUN MORE, INJURE LESS
- Build endurance and leg strength without the usual pounding and impact on your body
- Push your training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury
- Recover faster after a game, race or hard workout - "active recovery”
After 2 sessions on the AlterG this week, I can officially say I no longer feel "injured”!”
Sanya Richards-Ros, Track and Field Athlete, 2x US Team Olympian
LOSE WEIGHT, FEEL GREAT
- Reduce the pain of exercise and increase your cardio
- Stay motivated by walking (and even running again) at your target body weight
- Experience the joy of exercise with reduced risk of injury
This is amazing. The first day I got on it, I did about two and a half, 2.5 miles an hour for 30 minutes. I have not walked in 10 years. The way I feel and the inches that are being lost is encouraging.”
Angel Stormo, Weightloss program patient, OrthoPTic Rehab Clinic
Click the following link to view how this revolutionary rehab treadmill can help you.
If you are experiencing some nagging aches and soreness or recovering from an injury, just want to avoid a late training stress injury or would like to simply lose some extra weight, please call 630-892-8003 and ask to speak to one of our staff physical therapists about how the Alter G anti-gravity treadmill might benefit you. Call and come in for a FREE 15 minute trial to see what it is like to “run on the moon”.
Physical Therapy Advantage Staff